Tuesday 25 May 2010

Boy George, Michael Jackson and friend !





I'm doing a 40th Birthday caricature for a client. The gift is for a big fan of eighties music so these two will be snuggled up to him in the final collage. Tight deadline, a couple of days for both and the birthday boy, great to have some extra celebrities to populate the new website ( I know I'll finish it one day ). I couldn't convince her to have Rudd and Abbott in similar dress as I've got them half finished.
Abbott as MJ in that pose with budgie smugglers - what a thought !


Here's the final ........... the party I'm told features a Boy George impersonator - the things people do for a crust !!

15 comments:

Paul Moyse said...

Great job Tel, I like the pose on Boy George, very HIM!

Mônico Reis said...

Fantastic Work!
Congrats!

Unknown said...

Thanks Paul - he certainly has that 'stance' doesn't he ?

Cheers Monico thanks for dropping in.

john said...

Great work as always Tel

Luke Watson said...

Good work mate, MJ's face is spot on.

Rick Wright said...

NICE work Tel!! I like the body of Boy George! Are these just samples you did or was this for a commission gig??

Unknown said...

Thanks John, Luke and Rick.

It was for a commission Rick - these two were the support characters.

Andrés Spata said...

Gran trabajo y que personaje este Boy George jajaja

Saludos!

Unknown said...

Muchas gracias Ungre - Boy George era diversión a hacer!

Patrick Strogulski said...

These are great !!!

Carl Knox said...

Hey Tel!

this one is great! love the sparkles on MJ and BG's slippers made me laugh.

Kelly Gannon said...

Tel....before I read all the other comments I was going to say you nailed the stance Boy George would have....sorry to be repetitive.
They're all great!

Unknown said...

Thanks Patrick, Carl and Kelly - appreciate your comments. Not really over the moon with them as they probably took about a third of the time I would normally throw at them !

Vincenzo said...

Great piece Terry!

Glad to see you're not just napping on the old porch rocker ;)

...btw, We took your advice and got a new "Mate"...now a 5 month old Labradoodle who is keeping us on our toes...Thanks :)

All the best...hope the temps warm up a bit for you!

Unknown said...

Thanks Vin - not out to pasture just yet !
A labradoodle - my neighbour has one - Sean - a real character !